Call now to schedule a

How to extend your stay as a visitor in Canada

With border closures, travel bans, and restrictions still in place, if you are in Canada as a visitor, you may be looking to extend your stay.

In general, visitor visas allow foreigners to live legally in Canada for up to six months. At the end of this period, the visitor’s legal status expires and they must leave Canada.

If this is the case for you, you may be considering extending your stay in Canada beyond the specified period.

To do so, you will need to submit an application to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) while your visitor visa, also called a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), is still valid. The TRV is an official document issued by a Canadian visa office and inserted in the foreign national’s passport. This document certifies that you have met the conditions for entry to Canada as a temporary resident.

To know more visit