Apply for Hong Kong Immigration from India
Hong Kong is one of the most corruption-free economies in the world. This is due to Hong Kong’s strong public administration as well as Hong Kong’s Independent Commission against Corruption (ICAC).
One of the world’s freest economies – Hong Kong embraces globalisation of trade and services and is an active participant in international organisations that promote such activities.
Hong Kong taxes are among the lowest in the world, and the tax regime is simple. Working in Hong Kong adds great value to your resume as you would have interacted with China, India, Asia Pacific, and the Gulf in some way or the other.
Salaries in Hong Kong in most sectors tend to be higher than comparable jobs in Australia, Singapore, or the UK. Hong Kong is a dynamic and cosmopolitan city which is a shopper’s paradise filled with ample restaurants and has a great night-life. It’s a city of eastern and western culture with arts centres, museums and libraries.
- Logistics and trade-supporting services, such as Product testing and inspection, Arbitration and mediation, Trade finance documentation and Insurance
- The cultural and creative industries (CCI) are among the most dynamic sectors in Hong Kong, contributing to economic growth and job creation.
- Four Key Industries in Hong Kong, including financial services, trading and logistics, tourism, and professional and producer services have been the driving force of Hong Kong’s economic growth.
- One of the world’s leading international financial centres, Hong Kong’s service-oriented economy is characterised by low taxation, near-free port trade and well-established international financial market.
- Hong Kong has a free market economy, highly dependent on international trade and finance – the value of goods and services trade, including the sizable share of re-exports, is about four times GDP.
- Hong Kong levies excise duties on only four commodities, namely: hard alcohol, tobacco, hydrocarbon oil, and methyl alcohol.
One of the world’s leading international financial centres, Hong Kong’s service-oriented economy is characterised by low taxation, near-free port trade and well-established international financial market. Hong Kong has a free market economy, highly dependent on international trade and finance – the value of goods and services trade, including the sizable share of re-exports, is about four times GDP.
Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS)
- Entrant quota based scheme to attract highly skilled and talented people
- Meet a set of Pre-requites
- Pass Points test-either General OR Achievement
- High scoring applications are selected in a selection exercise for further assessment by the HK Department of Immigration within a quarterly quota
- Approval-in-Principal Letter issued for Interview in HK
- Attend Interview with original documents to verify
- Entry Visa / Work Permit granted for one year
- Apply for extension of stay within four weeks before the expiry of entry visa/work permit if intend to continue residence in Hong Kong.
- Upon completion of a continuous period of ordinary residence in Hong Kong for not less than seven years, the admitted person and/or his/her dependants under the General Points Test or the Achievement-based Points Test of the Scheme may apply for the right of abode in Hong Kong in accordance with the laws.
- No application fee is chargeable upon application submission.
Individuals who wish to come to the Hong Kong under the Quality Migrant Admission must satisfy below prerequisites:
- Point based Test: Prevailing minimum passing mark is 80.
- Age: 18years or above.
- Financial requirement: Capable to supporting and accommodating he / she and his /her dependants, on his/her own financial resources without relying on public assistance during the stay in Hong Kong.
- Good character: No criminal record or adverse immigration record in Hong Kong or elsewhere
- Language proficiency: IELTS – Overall 6.5 or should be proficient in written and spoken English or Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese).
- Qualification: Good education background, normally a first degree from a recognized university or a tertiary educational institution.
- National: The Scheme is not applicable to nationals of Afghanistan, Cambodia, Cuba, Laos, Korea (Democratic People’s Republic of), Nepal and Vietnam.
- Eligibility for further Extension: He/she has settled in Hong Kong; andhas made contribution to Hong Kong, such as engaging in a graduate, specialist or senior level gainful employment or establishing a business of a reasonable size in Hong Kong.
Points Based Test
In addition to meeting all Pre-Requisites, applicants have to pass any one of the points based test: General Points Based Test OR Achievement Points Based Test
- General Points Based Test is based on
- Academic Qualifications
- Work Experience
- Language Proficiency
- Family Background
- Minimum pass mark: 80 points out of 165
- Achievement Based Points Test
- For those with Exceptional Talent
- For those with Outstanding Skills
- For those who have won state / national / international awards
- For those who have made a significant contribution to their field
- Points awarded 165 or 0