The second-largest country by area, Canada also happens to be one of the most developed nations across the globe. The country continues to be a hotspot for immigrants worldwide, owing to employment opportunities, economic prosperity, political stability, and world-class infrastructure. While Canada fascinates immigrants worldwide, India, in particular, has been the leading immigrant source for a very long time.
If you too, are among those who intend to apply for Canada PR from India and travel to this beautiful and prosperous country, here’s some help. Apex Visas the leading Canada immigration and visa consultant in Pune talks about Canada PR requirements, including the most popular immigration program, Canada PR eligibility, documents required, Canada PR points requirements and Canada PR visa fees.
What is Canada PR?
Canada PR or Canada Permanent Residence is one of the most popular types of visa to migrate to Canada. The visa, as its long form suggests, gives you permanent resident status. Its validity is five years, after which you may renew it. Nevertheless, Canada PR does not make you the country’s citizen. With a PR in hand, you would remain a native of your own country. However, as a PR holder, you are entitled to the following benefits.
- You can apply for Canadian citizenship in the future
- You get protection under the Canadian law
- You are entitled to healthcare and other social benefits as enjoyed by the country’s citizens
- You can study, live, and work anywhere in Canada.
How to get a Canada PR?
To obtain a Canada PR, you must go through the PR application process that involves detailed scrutiny of the application. Canada PR’s eligibility is determined through a point-based system. As a PR application, you will be assessed on various parameters, including education, work experience, language, and age. Some of the most popular immigration programs include the following.
- Express Entry Program
- Business Immigration Program
- Experience Class Immigration
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
- Family Class Immigration
Among the above, the most popular one with skilled workers is the Express Entry Program. So, as the most popular pathway to migrate to Canada, let us discuss a few aspects of the Express Entry Program, such as age, work experience, adaptability, language ability, etc.
How to get Canada PR through Express Entry Visa Program?
If you want to apply for Canada PR through the Express Entry Visa program, you will have to go through a points-based selection system. The program comprises three categories, including the Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), and Canadian Experience Class (CEC). If you are a skilled worker, you can apply for a PR visa through FSWP. You must score at least 67 points out of 100 in the following factors.
- Education: Equivalent to higher secondary education as per Canadian standards
- Age: Between 18-35, you get maximum points. Those above 35 get lesser points. The age limit is 45.
- Language Ability: You must have six bands in your IELTS test, and your score must be less than two years old. You earn extra points if you are proficient in French.
- Arranged Employment: You can earn a maximum of ten points if you have a valid offer from a Canadian employer.
- Adaptability: You are entitled to ten extra points for adaptability if your spouse or common-law partner also intends to migrate to Canada with you.
- Work Experience: To earn minimum points, you must have a minimum of one year of full-time work experience. The higher the experience, the more points you earn. Your occupation must be listed as Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of NOC (National Occupational Classification).
What after you qualify for PR through the Express Entry Program?
If you qualify for a PR through the Express Entry Program, you can be selected from the group of eligible candidates based on your Express Entry profile. You get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canada PR status, and when you get the ITA, you can start with the documentation process.
What are the Documents required to apply for Canada PR Visa?
- Valid passport
- Education credential education report
- Language test results
- Written employment offer from a local Canadian employer (if you have it)
- If you get your ITA, you must produce police certificates, proof of funds, and a medical examination report
- Provincial nomination (if you have it)
Apex Visas – Your Partner for Canada PR
The policies and rules, and relations relating to Canada PR may change from time to time. Hence, it is always recommended to check the latest rules and regulations, fee structure, eligibility criteria, etc., to ensure you walk in the right direction. It is also advisable to partner with a reputed and certified Canada immigration and visa consultant like Apex Visa to get end-to-end Canada PR visa assistance. For more details, call +91-8055804150.
Eligibility requirements for Canada Express Entry System